Covid-19 Safety Policies
Adopted March 15, 2020
In order to make every effort to keep people safe, while still meeting the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of our community, the following safety precautions have been adopted. Additionally, many small group meetings have been canceled – as listed below. The ministries and groups continuing to meet (for now) are also listed below. Sunday worship will be reduced to a single 10:00 service, with vulnerable and ill members encouraged to remain at home.
Safety Precautions Adopted
- Facilities will be cleaned and sanitized before each service or meeting.
- Nursery staff will disinfect before and after each use of the nursery.
- Greeters will open outside doors for everyone who arrives.
- No body contact – no handshakes, no hugging.
- Maintain a space (arm’s length or greater) when talking.
- Bulletins will be self-service at Sanctuary entrance (not handed out).
- Place offering plates at rear of sanctuary (not passed).
- Counters will be encouraged to use gloves.
- Not using attendance booklets.
- Not passing or using flags.
- Pastor will speak from the pulpit (to provide safe separation).
- Songs & Hymns included in PowerPoint to reduce the need to touch hymnals.
- Sanitize microphones before/after each use.
- Medical supplies have been staged in a decorative tin near back of sanctuary.
Kit includes gloves, masks, sanitizer, Kleenex, cleaning wipes, etc.
Ushers and others will offer when clearly needed.